I made these muffins for the first time a few weeks back, and they are just perfect for a healthy snack whilst out and about. Being full of veggies, soft and easy to eat they are also great for bub to snack on as well, she tends to have one as an afternoon snack most days. I make a full batch, and then freeze, and pull out a few as required. Having just eaten up the last of the frozen muffins, I decided to cook up a new batch today. This recipe made 24 mini muffins, plus four jumbo muffins.
- 11/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white plus 1/2 cup of wholemeal)
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 11/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana (mashed with a little water to make a thick paste – 30 seconds in the microwave helps to soften )
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup water (or milk)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc. lightly grease your muffin trays.
- in a large bowl mix together the flour, oat bran, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl combine the mashed banana, maple syrup and oil. Add the zucchini and carrots, then stir in the water.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Spoon into the muffin trays, filling each cup until almost full.
- Bake for around 16-18 minutes for mini muffins, and 22-24 minutes for jumbo. (until skewer comes out clean)
- Leave muffins in the pan to cool for five minutes, then transfer to cooling rack
- I freeze them in a large tub, remove as required and defrost overnight in the fridge.